Nigeria

I took a hvs and the result showed candida and staphylococcus. i do not have symptoms for any of these my discharge is normal and there's no itching or smell. does that mean the infection isn't serious and does it need to be treated?

Dr. Dora Chizea
Anti-Aging Medicine 49 years experience
The candida, though not symptomatic, should be treated with Fungal Vaginal Suppository which the Doctor who did the HVS can prescribe. More importantly, men tend to be asymptomatic carriers of chronic candida so if one is sexually active the man should see the urologist or get oral antifungal Rx. The Staphylococcus is most likely a contaminant and may not require treatment but check with the Doc

Last updated Jul 15, 2021