United Kingdom

I have raised blue veins on my ankle together with some redness, also feels hard around the area is there anything i can do.to improve please ?

Dr. Ernest Isaacson
Podiatry 22 years experience
Compression hose: Sounds like venous stasis dermatitis, an inflammatory condition of the skin caused by varicose veins or swelling. Needs compression and might also do well with a water pill from your primary doctor.
Dr. Neil Horsley
podiatry 38 years experience
Venous Stasis (VS): Vs is a loss of the natural muscle pumping action in the legs to push the blood flow up towards the heart. In addition, the small valves located within the veins that assist with this action, no longer function adequately. Large or raised blue veins are a sign of varicose veins. Blood and proteins can leak into the soft tissues causing hardining of skin and redness. Have md or dpm to evaluate.

Last updated Dec 10, 2013