Fairfax, VA

I rolled my ankle today, and looking at foot anatomy its where my cuboid bone would be. i have swelling in that area. my ankle feels fine but more of my foot. hours later i can barely walk on it. ever soon sprain. herd slight pop noise?

Dr. jeffrey Trantalis, dpm
Podiatry 42 years experience
It is possible you subluxation of cuboid bone. Test for this is to try and make a circle with your foot clockwise and counterclockwise. Compare to other foot. If unable to complete circle is Pathognomonic for subluxation of cuboid. If it is subluxed then you need to fined a podiatrist or DO doctor that knows how to manipulate the foot
Dr. Alan Ettinger
Podiatry 49 years experience
It is very common to Fracture path base of the fifth metatarsal in an ankle sprain. This is called aJones Fracture. I suggest you have a weight bearing X-ray of the foot.

Last updated Jul 8, 2021