U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 25-year-old male asked:

I have an enlarged spleen and doctor told me i have low iron level without anemia and suggest me to eat iron rich foods. i feel pain in left side body while sleeping on left side so please suggest on how to sleep & recover with enlarged spleen?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Gurmukh Singh
Pathology 51 years experience
It is imperative to ascertain why you have an enlarged spleen. It could be due to a chronic infection, blood or liver disorder. It would be prudent to consult a hematologist for assessment. Taking iron is okay, but will not address the spleen.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jul 1, 2021


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.