Trinidad and Tobago

Can you get glaucoma 5 months after a good diagnosis.5 months after i was screened for glaucoma and tests came back negative?16 in one eye and14 in the next was my pressure?can someone please help?

Dr. George Yanik
Ophthalmology 32 years experience
It appears that your eye pressure is in the normal range, however pressure alone does not always make the diagnosis of glaucoma, other factors are in play. These factors are glaucoma testing with visual fields, OCT, corneal thickness, family history and a dilated retinal exam. All these factors must be considered in the diagnosis. I suggest you get a second opinion and exam for a better answer

Last updated Jul 1, 2021