Indianapolis, IN

my mvp level is 7.0 (low) my neutrophils 73 (high) and my lymphocytes 20 (low). can this show a weakened immune system as i've been getting sick a lot?

Dr. Tonga Nfor
Cardiology 16 years experience
Not clear: Not sure what you mean by mvp. But i suspect you mean your white blood cell count, in that case 7.0 is actually normal. Also 73% neutrophil and 20% lymphocyte is fine and dies not suggest a weak immune system.
Dr. Brant Ward
Allergy and Immunology 13 years experience
Hard to say: The mpv is only slightly below the normal range--it may simply be normal for you. Illness can cause the neutrophil numbers to increase relative to other cells. Thus these counts could be caused by illness, not necessarily the other way around. If still concerned, see an immunologist. They can help determine if your immune system is functioning properly and can answer any further ?S you have.

Last updated Nov 23, 2014