Does the reported heart inflammation from the mrna vaccines concern you? how long does it last? are you more likely to get heart inflammation from covid itself as well?

6 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. Joseph Marra answered

Specializes in Radiology

You ask some great questions, and in honesty… even among us medical doctors, it will take some time to sort these answers out better. The discovery of the vaccine leading to myocarditis in the young is relatively new… and issues of the virus affecting the heart and blood vessels has been known. I’m concerned enough to stay informed, but I’ve had vaccine myself and no major effects and glad I did

Answered 6/23/2021

0 views

Dr. Reyes Cuevas answered

Specializes in Family Medicine

Agree, this is a tough one. Always risk versus benefit. The WHO no longer recommends it routinely for under 18 yo. The CDC still does. I don't think we will ever have the real stats for covid in kids because so many had mild disease and never even got tested... You must weigh the risks. Are you obese? Diabetic? Weak immune system? Not an easy question.

Answered 6/26/2021

0 views

Dr. Christine Hom answered

Specializes in Pediatrics

We know that the risk of vaccine related COVID myocarditis is low. The boys with vaccine myocarditis get better after a few days. The dangerous and lifethreatening myocarditis that comes with MIS-C or MIS-A after COVID infection, is much more severe and dangerous than the vaccine variety. The MIS-C children with myocarditis require intensive care support.

Answered 12/2/2021

0 views