Georgia

Will i get rabies, if i ate a food that might have been licked by my vaccinated dog? i have mouth ulcers. dog is still alive after 14 days. is it possible to get it from this?

You do not get rabies from a dog that is up to date on their rabies vaccination no mater what they lick/bite.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Robert Trager
Dentistry 55 years experience
YOU GOT YOUR MOUTH ULCERS FROM WORRYING ABOUT RABIES. YOUR DOG IS VACCINATED AND DIDN'T BITE YOU .DON'T WORRY UNLESS YOU ARE BITTEN OR SCRATCHED BY AN UNKNOWN ANIMAL. I'M SURE YOU HAVE KISSED YOUR DOG AND NEVER GOT RABIES.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 54 years experience
No, you will not get rabies as your dog has been vaccinated, and therefore doesn't have rabies virus to pass on to you. This is same as you don't have polio because you had the polio vaccine, and therefore can't give polio to anyone else. Same for flu vaccine, COVID vaccine, etc. See your Dentist to evaluate what you call mouth "ulcers," especially if they last longer than 2 weeks.
Last updated Jun 20, 2021