Canada

I get random attacks of severe pain in my lower back and stomach/chest at the same time. it hurts so bad it's hard to move but only lasts for a few minutes at a time, about twice a week. sometimes it makes me nauseous. any idea what this could be?

Dr. Donald Colantino
I would consider these episodes acute muscular spasms. They can be triggered by certain movements of the torso. The secondary occurrence of nausea is a nonspecific reaction to pain. If these spasms occur quite often, get checked for deficiency of calcium or magnesium.
Last updated Jun 9, 2021