OH

Hello, i was recently diagnosed with vcd but i believe im having symptoms of gerd. my mother has gerd and im unsure if it can be genetic. im also curious if i can have vcd and gerd at the same time. im starting to have random issues with speech?

Dr. Hiep Le
Dr. Hiep Leanswered
Nephrology and Dialysis 42 years experience
Studies in monozygotic than dizygotic twin pairs suggested the role of host genetic factors in its pathogenesis; however, the genetic factors are not strong. VCD and GERD have causal relationship in some cases. GERD may cause of laryngospasm type of VCD. I wonder who made the diagnosis of VCD in your case and if you have other GERD symptoms. You need a full assessment with both ENT and GI doctors

Last updated Jun 7, 2021