Philippines

My puppy licked my vagina, it was accidental, i was sleeping at that time. i was wearing panties because it was hot. he hasn't been vaccinated of anti-rabies. but you see i have pubic hair and it has been days since he licked me. what would happen?

Dr. Jay Park
Dr. Jay Parkanswered
I doubt anything worrisome would happen. For you to catch rabies, your puppy should have been infected and you should have an open wound or at least a scratch on your genitalia puppy licked.
Dr. Natalie Geary
Dogs lick their owners all the time. If your dog has rabies you would know. Unless you have an open wound on your vagina, it is unlikely you will get an infection.
Dr. Judith Tellerman
Clinical Psychology 43 years experience
Please see a Doctor: Please bring this up with your Gynecologist who knows your medical history and can give you a through exam. If you don't have confidence in your Doctor see another for a second opinion.
Pathology 50 years experience
It is unlikely to do you any harm. If the dog is still alive 10 days from the incident, he did not have rabies. If the dog dies or runs away within 10 days, see your doctor for consideration of rabies vaccine.

Last updated Jun 2, 2021