India

I am 4 months pregnant with twins and as part of yoga practice i have been holding my breath for 30-40 seconds for the past 15-20 days.read an article today itself that holding breath is not advisable during pregnancy.will my babies be ok?anxious now?

Dr. Wayne Ingram
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Twin pregnancies need all the oxygen that they can get from the mother/you. Although I am not your treating OB and unaware of your maternal history, now that you have discontinued the breath holding practice your pregnancy can continue without that as a concern.

Last updated May 25, 2021