A member asked:

Vaginal bacterium diagnosed by obs and gynae. been on antifungals, all the azoles and now metronidazole. almost finish with course.been prescribed betadine douche made vag burning worse. been to 3 gynaes should i rather see infectious disease doctor?

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. Hiep Le answered

Specializes in Nephrology and Dialysis

Metronidazole is the treatment of choice of bacterial vaginosis. They might wrongly treat you for fungal vaginitis in the past. You can stop betadine douche and practice safe sex if you are sexually active. Yes, if vaginitis recurs, you should see an infectious disease specialist.

Answered 5/22/2021



Related Questions