Children murmurs: what signs how do i have to look for if my child has a mild murmur? when do i know if is something to be concerned about?

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. James Ferguson answered

Specializes in Pediatrics

There are some basics. If I listen to a kid often enough in their life I often find a murmur, most innocent & with no need for worry/intervention. The most significant murmurs in kids are recognized at birth or within the first 4 months. Some may be acquired after illnesses that will have various symptoms. As a group, you should leave the worry to the docs, get them regular checkups & live life.

Answered 5/12/2021

0 views

Dr. Ramalingaier Parameswaran answered

Specializes in

Please have a cardiologist examine your child. Not all murmurs are serious. This determination can be made by examination, and may sometimes require an echocardiogram. There is a good possibility that the murmur is not indicative of a serious problem. Please get the evaluation done soon. Good luck.

Answered 5/13/2021

0 views