while pregnant with my first child, i had severe vomiting. how can i avoid starvation and electrolyte disturbances during my second pregnancy?

Dr. Padmavati Garvey
Several things: Good news..It probably won't be as bad the next time. Eat small frequent meals. Avoid feeling hungry which can set off the nausea feeling. Ginger, anise, fennel seeds are natural antinausea ingredients so eat those. Don't force yourself to eat things you don't want to. Simple broths and popsicles can help you from getting dehydrated and will give you electolytes.
Dr. Katharine Garnier
No milk...small meal: Each pregancy is different, so you may not have as much trouble with this one, but some people do have nausea and vomiting with each pregnancy. Discuss concerns with your doctor, use pedialyte ice pops to help, avoid milk products in the early stages, and have crackers near the bed for before you even get out of bed. Small frequent meals, and avoid what makes you queasy. Consider a nutritionist!