Is there any concern for a false negative result for a pap test while on your period? it was a very light flow because it was the first day. i had a abnormal pap the year before after my csection. could red blood cells mask abnormal cells? thin prep?

3 doctors weighed in across 2 answers

I think it would be up to your physician or gynecologist who performed the Pap smear to determine whether the specimen on the slide would be acceptable. When we take a Pap smear from the cervix we inspect the specimen on the glass slide closely before submitting it.

Answered 3/31/2021

0 views

Most laboratories use a process that neutralizes the red cells and minor blood contamination will not affect the PAP results. For healthy diet: http://www.choosemyplate.gov/., exercise 30 minutes/day, drink enough water daily so your urine is mostly colorless, have safe sex, no tobacco alcohol weed or street drugs. Get HPV and Covid vaccines. Wish you good health!

Answered 3/31/2021

0 views