United Kingdom

My recent blood test has shown my serum prolactin levels are 1621 mu/l. i have milky discharge from my breasts. i have been taking sertraline for nearly 7 years now - is it likely that this is the cause? i'm not pregnant. is 1621mu/l really high?

Pathology 50 years experience
All laboratory results need to be interpreted in the clinical context and the doctor who ordered the tests is usually in the best position to do that. Talk to the doctor who ordered the tests. Having said that, your level is high enough that it warrant that a pituitary tumor/prolactinoma be excluded. Visit this site for info : https://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/prolactin-test

Last updated Mar 31, 2021