MI

i was scheduled for atrial flutter ablation but doctor was unable to induce the flutter. heart healthy other than angry spot on right atrium . suggests metropolol. flutter was seen on ilr. now believes it was actually atrial tachycardia. right?

Dr. Clarence Grim
Endocrinology 57 years experience
I need to see tracings. Discuss with your team who know you. If on BP Meds get back with us especially if K has ever been low. Go to hyperaldosteronism@groups.io a help group for those with low K , HTN and atrial issues. Also look at uptodate.com
Dr. Ramalingaier Parameswaran
Specializes in Cardiology
Failure to induce atrial flutter is not all that uncommon especially if the attempt was made several days or weeks after the initial episode. I don’t know what “an angry spot” on atrium means. I also do not know what ILR means. A beta blocker such as metoprolol may be helpful in preventing a recurrence. If you did not understand the medical jargon used by the doctor, please ask the doctor again.