WA

I recently bought a home ecg machine to monitor my heart. part hobby. part medical reasons. when i did a test with electrodes for my limbs. lead 1 was not the same as lead 2 and 3. lead 1 was barely giving a signal. what could this mean?

Dr. Sue Ferranti
A problem with lead placement is the most likely explanation, especially if you are not having any symptoms. Perhaps you could bring your machine to your doctor to see if the doctor gets a different result using your machine. Be sure to put the leads on per the instructions and be still during the reading! Best of luck to you with your new toy!
Dr. Ramalingaier Parameswaran
Specializes in Cardiology
I don’t want to sound rude, but “buying” an ECG machine to ”monitor” your heart is a terrible idea especially if you are not trained as a physician or nurse. Leads 1,2,and 3 are not supposed to look the same . I hope you don’t buy an airplane as a hobby!

Last updated Apr 8, 2021