U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 55-year-old female asked:

I have had tailbone pain for almost 4 months. had an x-ray and it showed nothing wrong. i fell almost five years ago on my backwards and suffered then for a couple of months. now it hurts mainly when i sit and then get up from that position?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Richard Romano
Internal Medicine 10 years experience
The tailbone can minimally displace after a fall. There is a manual technique to align it back. You can see a osteopathic doctor or a chiropractor who is familiar with the technique.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Mar 12, 2021


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.