A 27-year-old female asked:

I opened the oven (200 degrees celsius) and a blast of heat hit my eyes. eyes are now dry but fine otherwise. should i see the eye doctor?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Rebecca Gliksman
Internal Medicine 40 years experience
If you notice changes in your eyes, which you did as you indicated they are dry, I would recommend follow up with an ophthalmologist, as they may recommend eye drop for the dryness, which can avert ulceration.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Mar 1, 2021


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.