U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Brodhead, WI
A 16-year-old male asked:

I went to eye doc a month ago for floaters. eyes were fine. now i see starbursts in both eyes and blurred vision in right. anxiety?

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Chirag Patel
Specializes in Neurology
See a neurologist: These symptoms may represent anxiety, a specific kind of headache or other neurological condition. You should keep a log of the location, timing, duration, characteristic, and intensity of these episodes and take the log with you to a neurologist. https://www.aan.com/Guidelines/Home/ByTopic?topicId=16 , http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1142731-overview
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Carlos Barrios
Child Psychiatry 25 years experience
Have parents set up: a visit to your regular doctor to see if overall this is something that could be medical or if indeed you need a referral to a child psychiatrist or a therapist. And by all means do not let anyone prescribe benzodiazepines like valium, xanax, (alprazolam) ativan, or clonazepam- as they are addictive and lack medical evidence of effectiveness as a mainstay to treat anxiety. Take care.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated May 5, 2022


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.