U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 35-year-old female asked:

So i am someone who likes a drink sometimes but an not an alcoholic and suffer from narcolepsy and chronic head and neck pain particularly around " that time of month" what over the counter meds can i take to help?

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Krishna Kumar
Psychiatry 56 years experience
Narcolepsy: I understand your distress. You deserve relief! “over the counter meds” cannot benefit narcolepsy and chronic head and neck pain. Please see your family physician for Diagnosis and Treatment Your Health is Precious!
Dr. Bennett Machanic
Neurology 53 years experience
No such item: You will not find OTC medications which can effectively treat narcolepsy, they do NOT exist. See a sleep specialist or neurologist. You may have tendency for migraine, and this too could be addressed.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Feb 28, 2021


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.