why do it get a sore throat from just one alcoholic drink - it becomes really sore to swollow after just a few mouth fulls but i don't have a cold or?

Dr. Krishna Kumar
Sore throat/Alcohol: I understand your concern Drinking alcohol may contribute to experiencing a sore throat due to following: • Alcohol dries out the throat • Drinking alcohol may cause dehydration • The tongue's base after drinking alcohol is in a position that may interfere with swallowing and cause a sore throat. Discuss this and stresses in your life for use of Alcohol with your Physician