IN

can 4 weeks usage of triamcinolone 0.1% creme cause extreme hypertension and vision issues? cream used on scalp, face, neck, shoulder, chest, back and legs daily. how long does it stay in your system?

Dr. Stanley Katz
Dermatology 47 years experience
Unlikely: The 0.1% is a very mild steroid, but if used on most of the face and body very often over 1 month, there is a very slight possibility of it causing those effects. Not sure what your reason for using the top med was, but suggest that you discontinue its use and see a dermatologist/internist/ ophthalmologist for an alternate type of tx as well as futher eval of your 2 problems.