Canada

if ssri's are so safe to take for long term (30+ years), then why depend on meditation, exercise or other non pharma methods for depression and anxiety which are so slow in giving relief from symptoms. taking a pill is so easy. but there is stigma?

Neurology 52 years experience
Straightforwards: Medications are very much like bandaids, covering over the symptoms, and palliating the patient. But use of meditation, exercise, cognitive-behavioral therapies provide long-term techniques which can be applied indefinitely. Also, medications can lose benefit over time secondary to tolerance. SSRI's do not typically achieve cure.
Dr. Krishna Kumar
Depression Treatment: You deserve Relief! At age 25, you possibly are going through Depression due to stresses: •Relationships •Separation •Finances •Work To Heal from Depression, you need: •Therapy •Medication •Activities to improve Physical, Intellectual, Emotional, Social, and Spiritual Health. There is no Research documenting that SSRI Medications do not have side effects, or are effective after using for 30 years.