U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 29-year-old female asked:

Should i consult a doctor? i am having dull aching, stabbing pain in vaginal area. almost like something is being inserted into vagina. very painful on right side of vagina. when sitting it is painful but moving around doesnt hurt?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. David Ellis
Family Medicine 43 years experience
Pain : I would definitely recommend a face to face evaluation with your women's health provider for a physical examination. This could clarify the cause of your pain and possibly the need for any imaging studies.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Feb 22, 2021


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.