U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Lexington, MI
A 19-year-old female asked:

Should i go to the doctors or is it a uti? i have a tearing/stabbing pain from right below my belly button to my vulva/vagina area it happens when i stretch, sneeze, cough and even peeing it get excruciating, comes an goes a few times a year, today.?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Infectious Disease 54 years experience
Hernia? Muscle pain?: These symptoms make me wonder whether you might have a hernia. Or maybe just a pulled muscle? On and off pain like this probably isn't due to UTI or any other infection. See a gynecologist. Good luck.
Last updated Nov 16, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.