U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 56-year-old female asked:

I need an endocrinologist. i have prednisone induced diabetes. i'm 56, 5'1 and weigh 113. i can't eat hardly any carbs without skyrocketing my bs. i'm on metformin 2 tabs a day.when i take more it makes me sick/ diarrhea. my fasting bs is 250 to 347?

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Udaya Kabadi
A US doctor answeredLearn more
Need insulin : As long as one remains on prednisone, both basal and mealtime rapid acting insulin to control diabetes
Dr. Charles Glueck
Clinical Lipidology 58 years experience
Victoza, jardinance: Ask your MD to add either Victoza or Jardinance to your program. If you live in Ohio, and can get to Cincinnati, Dr Naila Goldenberg, a board certified endocrinologist, is very expert with this type of problem. Contact her.
Last updated Feb 19, 2021


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.