OH

i need an endocrinologist. i have prednisone induced diabetes. i'm 56, 5'1 and weigh 113. i can't eat hardly any carbs without skyrocketing my bs. i'm on metformin 2 tabs a day.when i take more it makes me sick/ diarrhea. my fasting bs is 250 to 347?

Dr. Udaya Kabadi
Specializes in Endocrinology
Need insulin : As long as one remains on prednisone, both basal and mealtime rapid acting insulin to control diabetes
Dr. Charles Glueck
Clinical Lipidology 57 years experience
Victoza, jardinance: Ask your MD to add either Victoza or Jardinance to your program. If you live in Ohio, and can get to Cincinnati, Dr Naila Goldenberg, a board certified endocrinologist, is very expert with this type of problem. Contact her.