NJ

37yr f just diagnosed with possible barrets.found changed tissue on my gastroesophageal junction,no dysplasia rest of gi biopsy were normal.how accurate is the endo in detecting malignancy?speaking to my doc next week but i'm scared what are the risk?

Pathology 49 years experience
Low risk: There is a lag of years to decades for the development of cancer in the presence of reflux of gastric juice. It is good that you are seeing a doctor. If you are overweight, it is imperative that you lose some. Have a healthy diet, exercise 30 minutes/day, drink plenty of water daily so your urine is mostly colorless, have safe sex, no tobacco alcohol weed or street drugs.

Last updated Feb 14, 2021