Houston, TX

So i been having right leg pain for a month now it is off and on it started in the back of my thigh after a hamstring cramp and since then its moved around as far as into my calf. its mild and last few days its been in my hip. what could this be?

Pathology 50 years experience
Need to examine: It is not feasible to provide a meaningful opinion without additional history, physical examination and may be some tests. It could be due to electrolyte imbalance resulting in muscle cramps. Try taking fruit juice with a little added salt. If a 3-4 days of this does not help, it would be prudent to see a doctor. Wish you good health!
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Thomas Deberardino
Orthopedic Surgery 33 years experience
Lumbar DDD: You definitely need a thorough orthopaedic evaluation and spine radiographs. It may be that the common thread that explains your leg symptoms is the fact that you have lumbar degenerative disc disease. Nerve root compression at your lumbar spine could explain your right leg muscle aches and pains.
Dr. Richard Romano
Thigh pain : After seeing over 20,000 patients with spinal problems, there are several things this can be. I could not be sure without an examination. Most likely it is a back nerve inflammation, it can be a circulation problem or a clot. The clot often goes with leg swelling. Back x-rays are a step often used to evaluate the back, although rarely provide much information helpful to treat a patient.
Last updated Feb 9, 2021