NY

I have a very itchy rashes all over my body. my previous doctor gave me medrol dose pack 4mg for 5 days assuming its allergy but i finished the medication and the rashes spreaded more and its so itchy that i cannot control. is it scabies?

Dr. Yvette Kratzberg
Scabies: It might be scabies. You should see a Dr to diagnose the rash and give you a prescription for the appropriate medication. Scabies is treated with a prescription cream that you apply at bedtime and leave on overnight, washing it off in the morning. All clothes, sheets, towels will have to be washed and dried in high heat to kill the parasite. All members of your household should be treated.
Dr. Brian Novick
Allergy and Immunology 44 years experience
Here's a useful link. Also, take some pictures in case it goes away before you see a doctor.
Jan 20, 2021
Dr. Brian Novick
Jan 20, 2021
Last updated Jan 20, 2021