U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Fort Worth, TX
A 34-year-old male asked:

Noticed that my upper abdomen (just below my rib cage) in the center protrudes a little bit more. it feels very firm but cant feel a singular bulge. no pain when pressing. i have been overeating more than normal and im overweight. is this just fat?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. George Klauber
Specializes in Pediatric Urology
Overeating: You are supplying body with more calories/fuel than it requires. Excess calories are converted into fat by the body & is most noticeable in abdominal wall. Suggest you obtain nutritional advice. In mean time, try drinking 2 glasses of water before every meal, avoid snacks, have frequent small healthy meals high in fruit & vegetables & low in carbs. Difficult but essential for long & healthy life

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Jan 16, 2021


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.