ZA

Hi there, lm a 32 year black male. i need help in finding what is making me snore and what would be the best way to get this to stop. this only started in the last year and half, where its become serious for me and my partner. please help. ?

Dr. Richard Romano
Snore: I can pick out people who snore when I examine their throats. When they open their mouth, I can't see the back of the throat because their tongue is raised very high in the mouth( they were just born that way). In addition, you can help stop snore having them lose weight. Sleep apnea is very much under-diagnosed. Anyone who snores a doctor should screen the patient for sleep apnea.
Neurology 52 years experience
Possible sleep apnea: Feel it of value to consider an overnight sleep study, which would perhaps reveal the significance of your snoring. However, one initial approach is a virtual consult on our paid portion of the HT website.
Pathology 49 years experience
Need to examine: It is not feasible to provide a meaningful opinion without additional history, physical examination and may be some tests. If you have gained weight or are overweight that can cause snoring and is the commonest cause. If you are overweight, losing weight is imperative. It would be prudent to see a doctor. Wish you good health!

Last updated Jan 18, 2021