Canada

My blood pressure this pregnancy is super low. 80s/50s if i sit...if i walk around 90s/50s or higher especially at my drs cause i'm nervous. i don't faint or feel dizzy. if my bp is this low in delivery is it dangerous and can i get an epidural?

Dr. Wayne Ingram
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
PG BP: Pregnancy blood pressures especially in the 2nd and 3rd trimesters tend to be what your is now due to a lowering of peripheral blood vessels resistance and an increase of blood volume of 4 extra units of blood and plasma. (2000 cc's). Blood pressures at 90/50 are normal. If you feel faint or dizzy when standing up immediately notify your prenatal OB MD for evaluation.

Last updated Jan 1, 2021