Macomb, MI
A 26-year-old female asked about a 24-year-old male:

frequent headaches/migraines (pain in back of head, sometimes side) that last all day with nausea and vomiting - vomiting also lasts all day and is forceful. normal ct scan at er, awaiting follow up with neuro. what could be wrong?

Dr. Holly Maes
Migraines: Sounds like you may already have a diagnosis - you say you have migraines. This is a specific diagnosis, so you need to make sure you have correct diagnosis, and if you do , are you receiving appropriate treatment for your particular type of migraine. Also, with ANY chronic pain disorder, relaxation and meditation techniques are always useful in addition, so if not currently doing these, START!
Neurology 52 years experience
Additional comments: Advice from Dr Maes would be helpful. I too agree with your migraine diagnosis, but note you may be developing chronic daily migraine pattern. Pain meds can make far worse and should be eschewed. OTC remedies such as riboflavin, butterbur, feverfew, magnesium, CoQ-10 may be useful, but discuss with your doctor. Neurology best place to continue.