ZA

I gave birth to my daughter via cs 28 days ago. i am exclusively breastfeeding. i have a sharp pain from my neck down to just below my breast, only on the left side. it hurts to cough, to breathe or even sneeze. its like a sharp stab like pain. ?

Dr. Yvette Kratzberg
See your Dr.: It could be something benign like a pulled muscle in your chest wall or something more severe like blood clots in your lung. You need to follow up with your obtetrics Dr or a GP. Post operative blood clots can form that can then travel to your lungs causing pain in the chest region. It is vital that you are examined thoroughly in order to determine what the underlying cause of your pain is.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Dec 28, 2020