Hi, i'm 31 weeks pregnant and i have swollen feet but my left foot is more swollen and painful and i can see purple/blue marks on my foot, should i be worried?

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Tinuola Adeyanju answered

Specializes in Internal Medicine and Pediatrics

Is your doctor aware: Leg swelling at 31 weeks with normal blood pressure and no problem with protein in the urine may happen and may not be a major concern. The concern would be if there is elevated blood BP and protein in the urine. Alert your doctor if not aware. Keep your legs elevated as much as possible and reduce salt in your diet.

Answered 12/26/2020

16 views

Dr. Jeffrey Trantalis, DPM answered

Specializes in Podiatry

Fetus position : Around third trimester a ligament in the foot that is responsive to elastin hormone called the spring ligament. As the hormones released into the system this ligament stretches causing the feet to flatten. What this does is cause rotation of the lower extremities. This allows pressure to be placed abnormally on the Vascular structures of the lower extremities at the In pelvic area. Orthotics help

Answered 1/21/2021

9 views