DC

If i had a can of chili for lunch on monday, could it still cause me to feel bloated and gassy the next day? and would drinking soda increase the occurance of the gas?

Dr. Romanth Waghmarae
Pain Management 41 years experience
STOMACH GAS: IF THE CHILI IS CAUSING YOU TO FEEL BLOATED THEN YES SODA WILL ADD TO THIS. HOWEVER IF YOU HAVE ACIDITY AS WELL THEN THE SODA WILL DECREASE AS ITS ALKALINE.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Clarence Grim
Endocrinology 59 years experience
Chili soda gas: Where I grew up we called beans the musical fruit. The more u eat the more u toot. It likely depends on the nature of your gut biome. Discuss with your team. Soda is carbonated water which means it has CO2 Dissolved in it to make it bubbly. The acid/heat in your stomach liberates the CO2 and you burp the gas out. Take a glass of soda & add vinegar or warm & observe. Wear safety goggles. Discuss.
Last updated Dec 21, 2020