ZA

covid+ only symptom left on day 6 of 10 is very sore chest. and chest feels like it getting tighter but cough not persistent. when i cough or force my cough, it's rough and noisy but nothing comes up. its sounds like phlegm doesn't want to come up?

Dr. Holly Maes
Covid cough: I'm not sure what your question is, but I assume it is about persistent chest symptoms. Those symptoms can last for weeks/months, so I wouldn't worry yet that they are not gone. Keep yourself very well hydrated to keep secretions thin. Also, use humidifier right next to your bed.Take hot shower and get it really steamy and take deep breaths. Your doing well to try to cough, but don't overdue it
Neurology 52 years experience
Helpful symptomatically might be guiafenesin, which is readily available in drug stores.
Dec 14, 2020
Dr. Donald Colantino
No phlegm: If you feel there is phlegm that needs to be expect prayed, drink plenty of water and take a loosening syrup containing guaifenesin. However the cough associated with covid generally is not accompanied by copious sputum. If you're experiencing respiratory distress or breathing problems go to the hospital emergency room for evaluation.