ZA

i'm covid positive & recovering at home for 6 days now. most of my symptoms are gone & my taste and smell returned but i started a cough that has phlegm with it & it feel like it's making my chest tight until i clear my throat, am i getting better?

Dr. David Ellis
COVID : If the virus affects your lower respiratory tract, like your bronchial tree, as you improveand the swelling of your bronchial tree begins to resolve, you can produce more mucus. If the mucus is discolored or has blood in it and if you have a recurrent fever you will need to see your doctor for face to face assessment. In the meantime, lots of fluids help keep the mucus thin.
COVID 19: Not certain. It sounds like you have mucuous that needs to be cleared. Agree with earlier response about the need to hydrate well so you can soften an bring up materials from deeper inthe lung. I agree with monitoring your symptoms. Get urgent care for difficulty breathing, blue lips or face, persistent significant chest pain/ pressure or new onset confusion.