ZA

good day, please may i raise a query? in july 2020 i lost my baby girl at 19 weeks due to t21 down syndrome and a heart defect. i am currently 38 and have 1 healthy 3 year old boy. according to my knowledge, about 95 percent of the time, down synd

Confusing post: The wording of your post that came through does not ask a clear question. If your concern is risk of another T21 DS at age 38 estimates run about 3%. Add that to the general risk for any unexpected outcome of 4% & your chance for a good outcome is relatively high. A consult with a clinical geneticist through a medical school or children's hospital could sort this out.
Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Pediatric Pulmonology 36 years experience
At birth: Before discharge, there will be a pulse oximetry screening test usually performed on the baby. This is a screening test for congenital heart defects. A physical examination at birth will also determine if additional testing is needed. If you have had a healthy pregnancy, continue to stay well and look forward to the birth of your baby.