Lake Oswego, OR

Hi, i have been working from home since march 30th. with warm weather i have been able to be outside, working in the yard, walking, talking with neighbors. but, with the cold weather coming, i work about my mental health with not being able to be outside. i live alone, with my little dog, but alas, no conversation. any suggestions on how to keep from going crazy? working from home?

What to do: Continue your walks as long as you can safely do so. Do you have a tread mill, elliptical, ski machine or some other aerobic exerciser to use during cold weather? Stay in touch with friends and relatives via phone, texts or emails or even through things like Zoom. That continued interpersonal contact will be important, even if it is from a distance due to the COVID 19 pandemic.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Judith Tellerman
Clinical Psychology 44 years experience
HOME ALONE: There are many organizations that offer webinars and group chats, Facebook has opportunities for your to join groups, whatsapp allows you to write and chat. This is a great opportunity to reach out to classmates you haven't seen, maybe even for years. Everyone is in the same boat, looking for ways to connect. If you need for psychotherapy you can have sessions on Zoom with a Clinical Psychologist.
Last updated Nov 6, 2020