Greeley, CO

What does mimimal white matter presumed chronic microangiopathic ischemic changes and mild parenchymal volume loss mean, this was on a patient portal from the hospital that did my mri, dont understand what this all means and please explain it?

Dr. Clarence Grim
Endocrinology 59 years experience
White matterMRI: This means that it is likely that you have a microvascular problem most likely high blood pressure that is knocking off part of your brain. Discuss with the Dr who ordered it as they know such things as your BP and many other factors that could be involved. I do not. But am available for consult.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Neurology 54 years experience
Age related : All of this is of limited correlation due mainly age related findings which are nonspecific and far from common. Discuss further with the radiologist
Last updated Dec 7, 2022