I poked my eye with my finger about two months ago. i can see perfectly fine out of it but a lot of mornings it will feel watery and will sting or burn. it seems like its worse after i stare at the computer screen for too long. what could this be?

Dr. Mary Reams
Ophthalmology 44 years experience
Corneal erosion: When the cornea is traumatized causing an abrasion, often the healing process results in an irregular surface that doesn’t adhere to the cornea as strongly as it should. While sleeping, the tear flow declines, the eyelid ‘sticks’ to the irregular cornea and when the eyes open , the weak tissue tears away from its base causing the symptoms. Put lubricating ointment in every night for one month.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Oct 21, 2020