Chicago, IL

What is the best way to treat inflammation or joint pain of tendons on the hand? i was in a car accident and while holding on to the steering wheel there was impact and the pillow area on the inside of my palm under my middle finger has a bump?

Dr. Rawhi Omar
Pathology 45 years experience
Physical exam first: Traumatic injury to the hand can have various effects on the muscles, bones, joints and the soft tissue in between, including the possible formation of benign cysts ("bumps"; sometimes referred to as "ganglion cysts"). Difficult to know what you have without close exam. Treatment depends on the diagnosis.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Oct 11, 2020