hi. full abdomen ultrasound was done on my body. in the result, there is note about my uterus stating that there is a fairly homogeneous echo pattern. may i know what does that mean?

Dr. Sridhar Shankar
Specializes in Radiology
Normal: It means the structure of the uterus—the muscle tissue — looks uniform and normal like it should.
Dr. Joseph Marra
Radiology 29 years experience
Similar pattern: "Homogeneous" is a term meaning "similar in appearance" as opposed to "heterogeneous" meaning differing in apearrance. Ultrasound uses "echo's" to create pictures and Homogeneous is more typical. Often structures with either more fluid or fat, may produce the opposite. Usually "endometrial thickness" is mentioned as well (inner most lining of uterus) although there may be much variance.