South Africa
A 30-year-old female asked:

I have fluelike symptoms such as tiredness,coughing with a runny nose and sore throat . we were self isolating for long until last week. id like to get a covid test if a gp can please recommend it formally. i have a conference to attend next week. ?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Heidi Fowler
Psychiatry 27 years experience
In USA or ZA?: In South Africa- one consults with a medical provider who will determine need for COVID 19 testing. Consult your local primary care provider or you can use telemedicine for individual consultations. In USA testing policies vary by state.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Oct 5, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.