i have very dark armpits and groin ,thighs and elbows from my childhood and at present i gained a lot of weight and now i got dark and thickning skin between my breast too ?

Doctor can examine: Darkening of skin in the genitals area, extending to the inner thighs, runs in some families. If many of the adults in the family have similar coloring, then it is likely normal for that family. One can see her primary care doctor for an opinion. The doctor may refer to an endocrinologist to see if there is a hormonal imbalance. Once in a while, hormone problems can cause skin darkening in places.