Yesterday, i must have gotten something in my eye when doing a home project. it was likely a piece of wood or a paint chip. i should have been wearing eye protection. hindsight is 20/20 (ok, bad dad joke). this morning, my upper eyelid is swollen, red, and sensitive to the touch. my vision seems to be fine. at what point would i need to be seen? i have been flushing with eye drops and cold compress. anything else i should do? eye injury?

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. Amrita Dosanjh answered

Specializes in Pediatric Allergy and Asthma

Ice, cool compress : Watch for signs of infection and vision change. Apply a thin layer of Bacitracin ointment twice daily. Please follow up with your physician. If there is eye redness and pain of the orbit, please see the Emergency Department.

Answered 9/20/2020

42 views